An unforgettable year of full-time travel took me from Tallinn, Estonia to Nashville, USA. I visited 16 countries before returning home to London. I will continue to write travel posts when I visit new places, as a nomadic Uncaged Artbird always needs to spreads her wings…
Click on the place names to read a destination guide and tips. Happy travels!
LATEST POST: LONDON CALLING: A GUIDE FOR FIRST-TIMERS
RECENT POST: A JOURNEY IN JAPAN
Travel Tips to make your travels easier
Tripping to Brighton A day trip from London
2018 – 2019: TALLIN TO THE GOOD HOTEL LONDON
OTHER PLACES I’VE BEEN:
- I was born in Hanover Germany and lived in Berlin, Lotte, Osnabrück, and Münster when my father was in the British Army. We also lived in Tyrella, Northern Ireland, Salisbury and Catterick Garrison, England.
- University: York St John University for my degree; University of Leeds for my Masters and PGCE.
- I worked as a teacher in Dubai 2007 – 2018.
- First solo travel trip (2008): Thailand, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
- Holidays: Zanzibar, Nepal, Sri Lanka (Colombo, Kandy, Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Ella, Galle, Unawatuna, Mirissa), Beirut, Indonesia (Bali, Lombok, Gili Trawangan), Toronto, Vancouver, Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, Denver, Orlando, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Melbourne, Oman, Amsterdam, Croatia (Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik), Sarajevo, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Paris, Italy (Rome, Milan, Florence, Venice, Parma, Bologna, Naples, Cinque Terre, Capri), Lisbon, Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza, Malaga), Greece (Athens, Zante), Dublin and Sweden (Stockholm, Gothenburg, Mariestad, Linköping).
- 45 countries visited so far and looking forward to exploring many more!